Monday, September 21, 2009

Tiredness!!!!

Just 10 miles is what I told myself last week. I only have to run 10 this weekend, no biggie, so not the big deal as 15.5 was.

Alarm goes off on Sunday morning, 6:00am, first time I ever wanted to NOT get up! But I did since I was meeting Barrie at 6:40. When I hopped in her car we both had the same look on our face, let's just go home and go back to bed...but we didn't we headed to our team meeting and started running.

While 10 doesn't seem like a super long run these days you can't underestimate how much effort it still takes and that is still is a long run. We trudged through and complained a little, caught up on not talking for a few days. As soon as Barrie's watch said 10 miles we stopped cold and started walking. Funny thing is, she looked at her watch and we rocked a pretty fast time for 10 miles...guess sometimes it helps to not want to be there...you go faster.

Ok now getting to be TIRED and not just TIRED but TIIIIRRREEDDD!!!! I could totally crawl on the floor of the kitchen and go to sleep but I will not or actually can't. I will however plop myself on the couch to watch House tonight and not feel guilty. The good thing is that I am tired for a good reason but sometimes still so hard to push threw. The ironic thing is what wakes me up, running, I know I am getting addicted...or maybe just my body and mind is.

No comments: