Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Week

Last week was a little rough between recovering from going all out at the Half Marathon and Brooke being sick. I only got one run in during the week. It is hard to get up early when you are getting no sleep.

Wednesday I met my usual running group - 6 of us girls - we are a crazy, fun running group - always fun topics to discuss and lots of laughing, which is always good when running. Our plan was to run 6 miles. The weather was great, about 70ish, so refreshing from the summer of 90 at 6am. I was extremely pleased that my knee did not hurt at all. We were just about finished with the 6 miles when Barrie told me we were actually supposed to do 7 that day so we added on another mile to get in our weekday long run.

I was very bummed to not get my other runs in the rest of the week but sometimes life and kids are more important that your training.

My husband and I decided to take the kids to DC for the weekend, Brooke was feeling better and Lily and Sam were excited to see the museums and monuments. I decided to forgo my usual Sunday run and meet Barrie for a run. Barrie is currently a coach for the Richmond Half Marathon training team on Saturday, they were running 6 so I met Barrie an hour early and we ran 4 and then 6 with the training team. The first 4 was great, weather was nice and nothing hurt and we were running at a really good pace. Then 6...my knee was not feeling it and had to walk a bit around mile 5 - so frustrating. Iced it that afternoon on the way to DC.

Got a lot of cross training in this weekend. We walked all around the Mall in DC on Saturday afternoon. Felt good to work out the kinks in my legs. Sunday we biked with the kids around DC, that felt great for the knee...I will have to add that to my weekly routine!

No comments: