Saturday, September 12, 2009

Holy Moly!

Just finished with a BBQ with friends, didn't get to indulge in any beer, hot dogs or hamburgers. Stuck to pasta, meatballs and bread. I did get to enjoy a cupcake - its a carb right? About to get ready to drink my 32 oz G2 before heading to bed.

Tomorrow is the big day and the start of when the training gets HARD. We are running 15.5 in the morning, my longest run EVER!! After this weekend the weekend runs don't go below 12 until two weeks before the marathon. And our weekday runs creep up to 7, 8, 9.

I am confident and excited with a twinge of nervousness. I know I can do it, just hope all the pain is minimal. Supposed to be the prettiest run of the training and the weather is going to be wonderful.

Another biggie tomorrow - my first ice bath. Seems to be a bit controversial in the running world, some say it is a must after a long run and some say it does not do anything to speed up your recovery. Anyhow I am going to give it a try. Here is what you do...
fill bathtub with cold water
add 2 16lb bag of ice
SIT in the bathtub until all the ice melts keeping your legs moving to not allow any warm pockets to occur.

Suggested by many during the ice bath - a good book (doing think I can concentrate) or a good movie (that is what I am going with) and a STIFF drink - I am thinking some coffee with maybe a little baileys or Kahlua. And the kicker is that you are supposed to warm up slowly. I am thinking this will be the hardest part!

All in all, tomorrow will be a big day. Good think we got the yard looking good and the house is in order and cleaned as best it could.

To bed I go.

No comments: