Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Getting back on track

The last week has been hard, seeing the dr. and hearing what he has to say, trying to digest what he thinks is wrong with my back and then waiting to find out. Then Sunday, having one of the worst runs ever, such severe heartburn that it lasted for almost 48 hours. Still feeling it a little but getting better. I really wanted to throw in the towel on Sunday and just admit that I am not cut out to run a marathon, maybe halves is as good as I get...but I am not accepting that! Maybe I will not be a repeat marathoner, but I will cross that finish line on November 14 come hell or high water. (Of course unless my MRI reveals something crazy today).

So I am having a new renewed spirit and determination.

Today is the first day of the last 7 weeks to race day and I am going to stay motivated...GO ME!

3 comments:

Joe and Jen said...

You can do it Jill!! Hang in there and keep focusing on the goal! Good luck today with the MRI.

Laurie said...

Go Jill! Keep up the good work!

The Poythress Pod said...

I totally forgot that you were keeping a blog! This is great. You've come so far, it's amazing, isn't it? I have full confidence that you'll cross that finishline in November with tons of us supporting you!