Friday, November 6, 2009

Motivation

Sitting in my kitchen this morning, baking cookies for a school bake sale and reading an article on motivation. I have decided I will write a quote on my arm for the race to remind me to keep going.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrong.

I think I will stick with Pain in Temporary since I don't have that much arm space.

Only 8 days until race day...wow that is crazy, seems to be coming so soon yet be do far away. Only have 3 more runs before the big day. Next week will mostly be focused on eating (Yippiee) rest and for me STRETCHING. I am working so hard to work the kinks out of my IT band, I think I successfully have made my left leg better but my right leg is awful. I friend gave me this thing called a foam roller, it is like having a deep tissue massage...oh my gosh it hurts to bad. Actually it hurts SO GOOD!

Back to baking and stretching!

No comments: