Monday, November 9, 2009

379 miles give or take

Almost six months of training and from my estimate around 379 miles give or take. The crazy thing is I probably missed about 100 miles of training due to injury, sick kids or just laziness :) I keep putting that in perspective, that I could have basically run from Washington DC to Boston...is that crazy or what! I think it is amazing and something I never thought I could do.

6 days to go and it is all I can think about. Some good things, like overloading on carbs this week, I am totally looking forward to a few Panera bagels, some yummy baguettes, lots of pasta and some carb heavy desserts! I am excited for my family to come on Friday night and have all the kids make some signs. I am excited to make some t-shirts for my kids to wear.

I am scared too...scared to get sick, scared to not get enough sleep this week, scared it is going to rain on Saturday making the crowds less and the race harder. Mostly I am scared of the pain. I have been fighting IT Band syndrome in my left leg September. Just when I thought I was getting better it has not hit my left leg and it extremely painful. I am working so hard on getting it healed and looking for any options to make that happen! I want to enjoy my first marathon and have the desire to do it again...yes I am saying it right now I want to do it again.

Over 379 miles that is a lot of pavement pounding!

No comments: